PayneWest Insurance, Inc. (PWI) delivers a promise to help secure our customers’ financial future by efficiently providing quality insurance products and service. While collecting and disclosing personal information about you is fundamental to our ability to do this, PWI is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your information. This notice provides information to help you understand how we may collect information about you, the type of information we may collect, and what information we may disclose about you to nonaffiliated third parties.
OUR PRIVACY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Visiting our website
When you visit the PayneWest Insurance website, you are able to surf our site anonymously while gathering information about our company and products.
Information We Collect and Sources From Which We Collect It
At times throughout our site, we may ask you to provide information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form. This information is completely optional. When you submit this information to PayneWest Insurance, it is never sold nor rented to other companies. We collect this information to better understand your interest in our company and products. We collect only information necessary to complete insurance transactions for you. Other than from you, we collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other related forms such as, name, address, Social Security number
- Information about your transactions with us, such as payment history, policy numbers, and insurance premiums
- Claims information we receive from you, such as from an accident report
- Third-party reports from insurance-support organizations, such as from a consumer reporting agency, motor vehicle records, claims reports, and/or medical information, if relevant to your product or service. Information obtained from a report prepared by an insurance-support organization, such as a consumer reporting agency, may be retained by the support organization and disclosed to other persons
- Information we receive from personal interviews with neighbors, friends, associates, or other acquaintances
Information We May Disclose To Third Parties
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, about you:
- When necessary to carry out our normal business activities, such as researching rates, providing you with quotes, submitting applications to insurance providers, processing transactions on your current policy at your request, and conveying claims information onto an insurance provider;
- To insurance providers with whom we have joint marketing agreements;
- As permitted or required by law.
We do not disclose collected information about our former policyholders and certificate holders to anyone except as required by law.
Our Practices Regarding Information Confidentiality and Security
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Your Right to Access and Amend Your Personal Information
You have the right to request access to the personal information that we record about you. Your right includes the right to know the source of the information and the identity of the persons, institutions or types of institutions to whom we have disclosed such information. Your right includes the right to view such information and copy it in person or request that a copy of it be sent to you by mail (for which we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover our costs). Your right also includes the right to request corrections, amendments or deletions of any information in our possession. The procedures that you must follow to request access to or an amendment of your information are as follows:
To obtain access to your information: You should submit a request in writing to us addressed to Legal Department, PO Box 4386, Missoula, MT 59806. The request should include your name, address, social security number, telephone number, and the recorded information to which you would like access. The request should state whether you would like access in person or a copy of the information sent to you by mail. Upon receipt of your request, we will contact you within 30 business days to arrange providing you with access in person or the copy that you have requested.
To correct, amend, or delete any of your information: You should submit a request in writing addressed to Legal department, PO Box 4386, Missoula, MT 59806. The request should include your name, address, social security number, telephone number, the specific information in dispute, and the identity of document or record that contains the disputed information. Upon receipt of your request, we will contact you within 30 business days to notify you either that we have made the correction, amendment or deletion, or that we refuse to do so and the reasons for the refusal, which you will have an opportunity to challenge.
The information on this website is protected by copyright. Contents are copyright 2010, The PayneWest Insurance. All rights reserved.
Except as specifically permitted herein, no portion of the information on this website may be reproduced in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of PayneWest Insurance.
Except as otherwise indicated elsewhere on this site, you may view, copy, print and distribute documents available on this website subject to the following conditions:
- The document may be used solely for personal, informational, noncommercial purposes.
- The document may not be modified or altered in any way.
- Any copy of the document or portion thereof must include the copyright notice above and this permission notice.
- PayneWest Insurance reserves the right to revoke such authorization at any time, and any such use shall be discontinued immediately upon written notice from PayneWest Insurance.